So the other day, Steve surprised me by picking me up fro yo. Yes, he’s awesome, but that is beside the point. The point is, he topped my fro yo with peanut butter and marshmallow sauce, and it was freaking delicious. As I was eating it, I couldn’t help, but think of what a perfect combination those flavors were.
I started coming up with all sorts of desserts that I could combine those flavors in.
My incredible friend Stacey has this really important weekend coming up. She has a very special birthday, she is running her first half marathon, and she has some other big life accomplishments going on. It’s pretty amazing, you should head over to her blog and congratulate her! As my congratulations, I made her these cookies, obviously. She loves white chocolate, so that was the final piece in these delicious treats.
Ummm, yeah. Marshmallow, peanut butter and white chocolate is actually the perfect combination. Oh, and graham cracker cookie. Yes.Please.
Happy Weekend Of Amazingness, Stace!! I’m proud of you, and I’m sure these cookies will be your perfect pre-race fuel!
White Chocolate Peanut Butter S’more Sandwich Cookies
yield 14 sandwich cookies
For the cookies:
- 6 tbs fat free cream cheese, softened
- 6 tbs honey apple butter
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Splenda
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 sleeve whole wheat graham crackers, finely crushed
- dash salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
For the filling:
- 1 cup all natural white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1-2 tbs unsweetened almond milk’
- approx 1/3 cup peanut butter (I suggest PB & Co White Chocolate Wonderful)
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat cream cheese and apple butter together in a large bowl. Add brown sugar and Splenda, and beat until fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla, egg substitute, and baking soda.
- Add flour and graham cracker crumbs and beat until just combined.
- Use a cookie scoop (or your hands) to drop dough in about tablespoon amounts. Flatten dough out with a sprayed piece of parchment paper, until approx 1/4″ thick.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until just set, then remove and let stand 5-10 minutes to finish baking themselves, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While cookies cool, melt white chocolate chips in a medium bowl in the microwave at 30 seconds increments, stirring after each, until melted. Stir in vanilla and marshmallow fluff. Add 1-2 tbs almond milk until slightly thinned and creamy.
- Spread white chocolate marshmallow sauce evenly over the flat side of half of your cookies. Spread the other half with 1 tsp peanut butter. Sandwich together, and serve.