Last Thanksgiving, I made and posted these Skinny Mini Corn Dogs. Well, you may have noticed that since then, the photography on the blog has gotten…umm…better.
Although Steve takes most of the photography, I’ve learned oh so much about food styling since I started this blog. It’s still a challenge for me, as I’m not a visual person, and I have always identified with the “I don’t care what it looks like if it tastes good” way of thought, but I’ve definitely come a long way, and I definitely no longer throw my food on the plate and hope for the best 😉
Now, I employ hand models. Thanks Jas 😉 Anyway, THESE CORN DOGS!! I think of all the food I’ve made in my life, these and my cake batter dip are the two things that ALWAYS disappear. What’s even better is they are so easy!! It’s maybe 15 minutes of working time to make a huge amount perfect for any party, or tailgating if you do that sort of thing (says the girl who despises football).
These babies are dangerous. I could easily go through a dozen without even thinking twice! The good news is, they really are healthy–baked, no oil or butter, and the leanest hot dogs around. In fact, you could probably eat the entire mini muffin tin full for the same amount of fat and calories as 1 regular corn dog!
Skinny Mini Corn Dogs
- 1 box cornbread of choice (use gluten-free if desired)
- Fat free plain Greek yogurt (amount depends on box)
- Unsweetened almond milk (amount depends on box)
- 1/2 small can medium green chilis
- 8-10 98% fat free turkey dogs
- Mix cornbread according to package instructions replacing butter/oil with yogurt and milk with almond milk (reduced fat buttermilk or skim milk would also work), and adding green chilis.
- Pour batter into sprayed mini muffin tins, filling only about 1/3-1/2 of each tin.
- Divide each turkey dog into 6 equal pieces.
- Press a piece of turkey dog into each muffin tin.
- Bake according to package instructions until golden brown.