It’s almost the end of January (ummm what?) which means two things: 1. That I only have two weeks left in my twenties (oyyyyy) and 2. That most of the world has already gotten preoccupied and forgotten about all of those lofty goals and resolutions they set on December 31st.
One of the biggest traps I fall into is being too lazy/forgetful to pack my lunch and ending up going out to eat 4x per week. It’s not the healthiest, and it’s even worse for my checking account. Morning are super busy–they are my time to get my work out in, hopefully get some blog work in before going to work-work, and coffee. So.Much.Coffee. What I mean is…I don’t have time to put together anything that takes me more than about 4 minutes.
Tuna salad is such an obvious option, but it’s one of those things I always forget how much I love it. Also, I’m not super into globs of mayo. I mean, I’ve always loved traditional tuna salad, but it’s generally not the healthiest option. Like, at all.
Tuna on it’s own is super healthy: packed with protein, and very low in calories, so when you trade in the mayo for some heart healthy Greek yogurt, you get a lunch with practically zero fat, and tons of protein and flavor!
With this tuna salad, you’ll be making and bringing your lunch all the time! It’s perfect for a quick lunch at home, to take to work, on a picnic, or however you’d like to enjoy it!
- 2 x 4 ounce cans Bumble Bee® Tuna
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
- generous pinch lemon pepper
- cherry tomatoes, for garnish
- In a medium bowl mix together tuna, yogurt, mustard, relish, celery and lemon pepper until well combined. Serve immediately. Top with cherry tomatoes if desired. Leftovers may be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Note: The Greek yogurt can become watery when stored. Just stir before serving again.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.