I am such a sucker for anything with buffalo sauce.
I guess I am just a person who loves strong flavors. Spicy food, sharp cheeses, anything really with bold flavors. I do not like plain pasta with olive oil. I am easily bored in life and food, so I need flavors that do a little performance for my taste buds. Is that weird?
Wait. Don’t answer that. I already know I’m weird. Anyway, I’ve never made meatloaf with chicken before. In fact, I’ve never even used ground chicken until now. It’s pretty awesome, and opens up a lot of flavor combinations! You know I love my ground turkey, but who ever heard of buffalo turkey? That doesn’t sound nearly as cool.
I made kale with it. I’m sure you’re shocked.
This meatloaf was full of bold buffalo flavor, and was different than any type I’ve ever tasted! I wonder just how many more foods I can put buffalo sauce in?
Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf
yield 5 servings
- 1 1/4 lb lean ground chicken
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 2/3 cup raw oats
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- generous pinch ground pepper
For the buffalo ranch sauce:
- 2/3 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 2 tsp ranch seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a medium loaf pan with tin foil, and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg substitute, almond milk, buffalo sauce, and pepper. Mix in onion and oats.
- Add meat **this is the fun part!!** and use your hands to thoroughly combine.
- Transfer meet to prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour, until cooked throughout.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients.
- Serve meatloaf topped with buffalo ranch sauce.