only slightly adapted from the back of the Chex box
yield 15-20 servings
- 9 cups Corn Chex (I label checked and the whole wheat ones were way more calorie dense)
- 1 cup grain sweetened chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup light whipped butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- dash vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Measure 9 cups of cereal into the biggest bowl you have, set aside.
- Melt butter, pb, and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Stir in dash vanilla.
- Pour melted chocolate mixture over Chex, stirring constantly until evenly coated.
- Pour into huge bag (I use a clean trash bag. Please, don’t use a dirty trash bag. Or at least, if you do, don’t offer me any) and pour powdered sugar on top. Shake it like a polaroid picture. Or like a salt shaker.
- Spread onto wax paper to cool.