The other day, Steve and I had a little conversation that went something like this…
Me: When are deviled eggs in season?
Steve: Umm, deviled eggs are always in season.
Plus, you can’t just eat peppermint bark and eggnog all day long for the entire month of December, right? Actually that doesn’t sound like a terrible idea…
But with all the holiday parties going on this time of year, it’s always nice to have an easy recipe on hand that isn’t a dessert since, you know, every single person you know will be bringing ginger cookies and truffles. Including me. I will be bringing dessert. Every.Single.Time. But sometimes I also bring non dessert with my desserts to, ya know, “balance” and “make good choices”.
Can we just talk for a moment about the brilliance that is the spinach+artichoke+cheese combination??? So.Freaking.Good. Pretty much every time I go out to eat and they list spinach artichoke dip as an appetizer, I sit there for a good 10 minutes trying to convince myself it’s “healthy” because it has the word spinach in the title.
But I have the BEST news. Yes, the BEST. In all caps because I get really excited about food. These are the best of, like, every world imaginable–deviled eggs, spinach artichoke dip, and still being able to fit into your pre-holiday-jeans all in one perfect little egg!
They have just a liiiittttle bit of miracle whip (or mayo if you’re one of those weirdos who hates miracle whip), Greek yogurt and light whipped cream cheese to get the perfect creamy consistency plus the delicious flavors of spinach and artichoke hearts perfectly spiced and topped with a little parmesan cheese to give you the full cheese dip effect, then sprinkled with paprika because, well, that’s what you do to deviled eggs.
Spinach Artichoke Deviled Eggs
yield 2 dozen
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbs light miracle whip or light mayo
- 2 tbs light whipped cream cheese
- large handful spinach, chopped
- 3/4 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp Spike seasoning
- dash salt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- paprika for dusting
- Split hard boiled eggs length wise and scoop the yolks out into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add Greek yogurt, miracle whip/mayo and cream cheese to egg yolks and beat until well combined. Beat in spinach, artichoke hearts,lemon pepper, Spike and salt.
- Use a piping bag, extra small cookie scoop or spoon to transfer egg yolk mixture evenly between the egg whites (you may have some extra left over).
- Top each egg with a pinch of grated parmesan then sprinkle lightly with paprika.