Honestly, does it really get any better than chocolate and cookie butter?
The answer you’re looking for is “No. It does not.”
Well unless you add Fleur De Sel. Then it absolutely does.
What do you even say about something that is basically a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, but made with TJ’s Cookie Butter and sprinkled with Fleur De Sel?
You say “Yes, please” and don’t ask any questions.
These are actually part one of a baking project that will continue tomorrow for a very special person’s birthday. A person so special, that he gets homemade candy inside his birthday cupcakes. He’s a lucky guy, I tell ya.
One of the best things about this recipe is that there are endless combinations. White chocolate, milk chocolate, any type of nut butter that exists, you name it. Trust me, I have about a million variations floating around in my head right now. Just think of it as a ‘coming soon’….
Until then, please join me in drooling over these bad boys and wishing they were magically calorie free. In a perfect world, right? Oh and did I mention they only have 4 ingredients? Almost perfect world…
Salted Chocolate Cookie Butter Cups
- 2 bags all natural dark chocolate
- approx 1/2 cup Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter
- 1 scant tbs unrefined virgin coconut oil
- Fleur De Sel for sprinkling
- Line 24 mini muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, melt chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring after each, until melted.
- Spoon enough chocolate to cover the bottom of each baking cup.
- Add 1-2 tsp Cookie Butter.
- Fill with chocolate until Cookie Butter is completely covered and top is smooth.
- Sprinkle with a nice pinch of Fleur De Sel.
- Freeze to set. Keep in freezer or fridge.