I wasn’t sure what to make for Friendmas dessert, so I asked Nacho if he had any requests and he replied saying something with pumpkin and cinnamon. I had been craving some chocolate crinkle cookies, so I put the two together. The result was gooey, fudgey and gone within 10 minutes 🙂
Pumpkin Fudge Crinkle Cookies
yield 16 cookies
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 5 tbs raw cane sugar
- 2 tbs Splenda
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbs flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- dash salt
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Beat pumpkin, sugar and splenda until combined. Add egg substitute and vanilla.
- Beat in dry ingredients, then refrigerate covered for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine powdered sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Form dough into small balls, then drop and cover in powdered sugar.
- Place on greased baking sheet and bake 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack or eat immediately when warm (that’s what we did).