Okay, I promise I’m not crazy. Elvis did it. He put bacon on his peanut butter sandwich. If Elvis can put bacon on his sandwich, I can put bacon on my smoothie.
This smoothie is really quite simple. Imagine the components of an Elvis sandwich being blended together to make the perfect breakfast drink. Peanut butter, banana, honey, bacon—what can I say? It just works. The sweet and salty flavors balance out perfectly, and by making it into a smoothie, it’s so easy to grab it, and go on your way out the door. It literally takes 5 minutes, so if you’re one of those people who tries to say you don’t have time for breakfast (I don’t get it…I ALWAYS have time for food!), then I say to you: You have 5 minutes, especially when your breakfast tastes like dessert.
This smoothie may sound indulgent, but it is actually packed with fiber and protein, and filled with nutrients that provide a balanced breakfast that only tastes like dessert.
To help keep the smoothie thick and delicious and the calories low, I used Silk Pure Almond Unsweetened Vanilla. The same smoothie using skim milk would come in at 372 calories—a pretty huge jump! Just the one change of using Silk instead (it is the lowest calorie almondmilk on the market!) saves 50 calories!
Yield 1 huge smoothie
- 1 medium banana, frozen
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup Silk Pure Almond Unsweetened Vanilla
- 1 tbs honey peanut butter (regular peanut butter is fine too)
- 4 oz nonfat honey Greek yogurt
- 1 slice center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- extra peanut butter and graham cracker crumbs for garnish (optional)
- Place banana, ice, Silk, peanut butter and yogurt in a blender, and blend until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- If desired roll the top of your glass in graham cracker crumbs and drizzle some extra melted peanut butter on the inside.
- Top with crumbled bacon.