Ultra soft and chewy ginger molasses cookies stuffed with melty white chocolate. Filled with holiday flavor, these will become your new favorite cookies!
Oh heyyyy…we’re in full blown holiday season, and I still have most of my shopping left to do. What about you? I’m actually one of those people who really, truly loves Christmas/Hanukkah shopping. I love finding just the *right* gift for the people I love, and buying Steve 7 zillion stocking stuffers, and baking delicious treats to put into all of the stockings. It’s one of my very favorite things.
That means it’s going to be a busy week ahead, but tomorrow is my last day of work before winter break begins, and I will then spend the entire week following shoulder deep in all things holiday spirit. In fact, if you’re not into that kinda thing, you should probably steer clear. 😉
But you should still stay for the cookies, because who can resist perfectly soft and chewy ginger molasses cookies? I’m all about the gingerbread this year (well…basically all the time), and it all started with these cookies.
The cookie base is pretty ridiculous on its own, but when you add in that surprise melty, creamy white chocolate middle, they are just taken up to the next level. If any cookie can get you in the holiday spirit, it’s these babies!
- 2 cups gluten-free baking blend (or white whole wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- dash salt
- ½ cup apple butter
- ¼ cup molasses
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6-8 ounces good quality white chocolate squares or chopped into large chunks*
- granulated sugar for rolling
- In a medium bowl, whisk together baking blend, baking soda, spices and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together apple butter, molasses, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in dry ingredients until just combined. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 large baking sheets with silpat or parchment paper.Roll dough into approximately 1" balls. Press white chocolate square/chunk inside, and roll dough back around. Make sure white chocolate is completely covered. Add more dough if necessary. Roll in sugar and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake until just set, about 9-11 minutes. Cookies will look underdone,. Do not over bake. Cool completely on cookie sheet. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.