That cake was perfection. More delicious than ice cream cake, but fro yo, so that makes it healthy, right? Riiiiiight.
What’s even better than a perfectly prepared oatmeal cookie fro yo cake made with love by a Yogurtology employee? One made with more love by ME!
With a butter cookie crust, layers of Nutella and TJ’s Cookie Butter, and topped with Yogurtology’s pretty much famous oatmeal cookie fro yo, this may not be the healthiest cake I’ve ever made, but when you compare to a typical ice cream cake, it definitely can at least hold up to a healthier title, and let me tell you, I would choose this over a regular ice cream cake any day of the week!
Fun fact, ice cream has always been my favorite dessert. I *almost* never eat it now, because I love fro yo so much and never really want to spend the extra calories, but I am of the opinion that if it doesn’t at least include ice cream, it’s not really a dessert. Plain cookie? That’s a snack 😉 Cookie a la mode? Mmmmm….dessert! Fro yo with cookie, Nutella and cookie butter? 3x a day for the rest of my life? Okay….If you insist….
Can we also talk about how this cake takes all of like 20 minutes to make? So easy, and ridiculously hard to mess up! Trust me, I can usually mess up anything 😉
Fro Yo Cake with Nutella Cookie Crust
yield approx 16 slices
- 1 package Chessman cookies (or any buttery shortbread type cookie), finely crumbled
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbs Nutella, melted & divided
- 1/3 cup TJ’s cookie butter (or Biscoff spread), melted
- 1 quart + 1 cup fro yo of choice, softened but not melted
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a spring form pan with cooking spray, then wrap tin foil around the bottom to avoid fro yo dripping out.
- In a medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs (reserving 1-2 tbs to sprinkle on top) with apple butter. I suggest just using your hands and getting in there.
- Press cookie and apple butter mixture into the bottom of the spring form pan and bake for 8-10 min, until set.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes, then spread Nutella on top. Let sit for a minute before brushing cookie butter on top of Nutella.
- Use a spatula to evenly spread the fro yo on top.
- Drizzle with Nutella and sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours until set, then serve and enjoy!