Ok, here (finally) are the cookies I’ve been promising since my rest day turned into baking day!
Everything Oatmeal Cookies
yield a whole bunch, like 60+
- 2 large over ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup Splenda
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups Koala Crisp (or other puffed rice cereal)
- 1 cup grain sweetened chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut (I used sweetened–feel free to be healthier than me and use unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried cherries
1) Preheat oven to 375
2) In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda.
3) In a large bowl, beat together banana, sugars, egg whites, and extracts.
4) Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix until combined.
5) Gently fold in cereal, chocolate chips, coconut and cherries.
6) Bake for 9-11 minutes until slightly golden and just barely set.
7) Let sit for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.