Hi friends! Guess what??? As many of you know, in lieu of our recent speaking engagements on video content, Nicole and I have decided to create a video challenge. This means you have the opportunity to get started on video, and the chance to win faaaabulous prizes (from a girl who loves to win)!
We know how tough it can be to add a video component to your blog, so if you’ve been considering it for a while, think of this as a nice kick in the pants. If you always said you would never dream of doing video, think of it as an opportunity to win free stuff! If you’re looking for some tips and tricks to get started, check out the slides from out latest video presentations. Nicole is a powerpoint artist.
1. Sign up for a YouTube or Vimeo account and subscribe to the Drink & Dish YouTube Channel.
2. Brainstorm a list of at least 5 potential video topics.
3. Pick one idea and grab a camera (any camera that can record video!)
4. Create a video (3 min or less).
5. Edit your video – in some way. This could be cutting out a mistake or even just adding music.
6. Post the video to YouTube and share it on your blog. In the post link back to this post about the challenge.
7. Send an email to DrinkandDish(at)gmail(dot)com with a link to your blog post featuring the video.
8. Complete all this by December 31st!
Nicole and I will review all the submissions and evaluate them based on these factors:
- Personality – Let the real you shine through!
- Content – Does you video fit with your blog & enhance it in some way? Does your video have a purpose?
- Quality – Can we see what you’re doing clearly & hear what you’re saying?
We will choose the top 5 videos after the submission deadline on October 15th, and winners will receive:
- Grand Prize – An 8MB HD Digital Video Camera
- 1st through 5th place will each receive a clip-on lapel microphone
This contest is sponsored by, well, us! We want you to take the plunge and begin your video journey! Please feel free to spread the word–tell your friends about the challenge, and maybe even ask them to join you on camera! Can’t wait to see what you all put together!!