Did you hear the news??? Trader Joe’s cookie butter is back! Please don’t ask how many jars I’ve gone through. It’s a little embarrassing. But, honestly, with bars like these, can you blame me? With cookie butter and apple butter, who needs actual butter? These bars have all of the delicious flavor of cookie butter and come as a cross between a cake and a cookie. Like a cookie cake. Cookies + cake + cookie butter. Yes, please.
These were my birthday treat to myself. And everyone (including our waitress) at Barrio Cafe 😉 I hope you enjoy them too!
Cookie Butter Bars
yield approx 30 bars
- 1 cup TJ’s cookie butter
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbs Splenda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Beat together cookie butter, apple butter, brown sugar, Splenda, vanilla, milk and baking soda.
- Slowly, beat in flour.
- Press batter evenly into pan. Use a rolling pin to smooth out top.
- Bake for 18-22 min until set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. Do not over bake.
- Cool completely on wire rack, then top with white chocolate cream cheese frosting and sprinkles if desired.
White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
yield enough to cover 9×13 pan of baked goods
- 14 oz reduced fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tbs light, whipped butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup Sunspire white chocolate chips, melted
- dash almond extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar (you may add more–I don’t like my frosting to be too sweet)
- Beat together butter and cream cheese. Beat in white chocolate and almond extract.
- Slowly add and beat in powdered sugar, scraping down sides of bowl when necessary.
- Spread evenly on top of desired baked good, and enjoy!