1. IT’S HERE!! IT’S HERE!! IT’S HEREEEEE!!!!! Academy Awards weekend!! I’m a total movie nerd, and award season is like a 3 month long holiday for me, and this has been such a great year for movies in my opinion. Lincoln is still my favorite film of the year, but Argo was probably second. I loved almost everything I saw this year, and the only film left that I really want to see is Beasts of the Souther Wild. How cute is that little girl???
2. I’m trying out this new thing called Not Eating Chipotle for Dinner Every Night. You see, I easily get out of the habit of the whole meal planning thing, then I get really hungry, insist there is absolutely nothing to eat for dinner in my entire house (if you’ve seen my pantry, you know this is a dirty lie), then convince Steve that we should go to Chipotle. While I love Chipotle, it’s not great on the wallet, and I LIKE cooking. So this week, we planned ahead, and I made 4 new recipes that were all healthy and delicious. This is a double bonus because now I have lots to blog about. As much as I love cookies, all cookies all week long was starting to get a little old…
3. This weekend Ragnar del Sol happened. I moped a little, but I’m mostly just tried to be excited for my girls running. I also avoided social media at all costs because it certainly was not helping my “positive attitude” to read an entire news feed full of people running. Also, on Thursday the fro yo guy told me he was running the Phoenix marathon, and I walked away from him refusing to continue the conversation. I swear, I can be an adult sometimes…!
4.This week, my chai spiced snickerdoodles were featured on THE HUFFINGTON POST??? What??? You guys, I’m still in shock every time I get a comment that someone made my recipe, or an email from someone saying they want to feature me. There is so much amazing work out there, I just feel so honored that people are interested in my creations! This whole blogging journey just keeps getting more amazing!
5. Last night we all went out to celebrate Nacho’s Birthday. I started the evening in a totally grumpy mood between my knee being a little jerk, my scones not turning out the way I wanted, and just general grumpiness, but by the end of the night, I was happier than I’ve been in a long time. There’s something to be said about an evening with your husband and best friends. Oh, and beer.
6. I have a super embarrassing confession. I’ve started Tivoing and rewatching the entire series of Gilmore Girls. I don’t know what sparked this interest, and I’m not proud of it, but I can’t stop, won’t stop.
7. Speaking of TV, we’ve started watching Breaking Bad. From the beginning, obviously. It’s actually good, not Gilmore Girls good. I never find out about the good TV shows until it’s too late, and they are super far in, or off the air entirely. Whenever people start talking about current TV shows, I just kinda sit there pretending I’m at all caught up on pop culture. Sorry, I didn’t watch the latest episodes of Girls or Dexter, I was busy watching the Gilmore Girls and Paula Deen. Oh, and can’t forget about the Seinfeld reruns I could watch all day ever day.
8. I’m really excited for Friday night. Nicole and I have devised a genius plan for our Drink & Dish filmings. Instead of starting early in the morning, we’re spending our Friday night recording, because then at the end there are DRINKS and DISHES. Meaning dinner and liquor. Editing is going to be so much more fun.
9. I am currently letting my bananas die so that I can make these. Also, I am pretty obsessed with these brownies. And I tried to make this on Friday, but I didn’t follow any of the instructions really. It still tasted fantastic.