1. I spent the week with my college roommate. She came all the way down from Seattle just to hang with me, and we had a total blast. We hiked Piestewa Peak.
2.So, I like to tell my puppies good job for a multitude of things. You know, build their self esteem. I often tell Winston things like “Good boy, Winston. Good loving.” when he is being sweet, or sometimes I say “Good Winstoning.” Yes. I made his name into a verb, which led to telling Steve ridiculous things like “Good husbanding.” Heather has now caught on too. Good best friending, Heath.
3. We also spent the week with this cutie.
4. On June 12th, Spirit of the Marathon II will be in theaters!! This means I have to see the first one before then. I can’t wait. I will probably cry.
5. Speaking of movies, I saw The Great Gatsby. It was….fine, I suppose. I mean, I guess I was mildly entertained, but it was nothing like what I was expecting, and certainly did not do the book justice. Also, the soundtrack. Cannot, will not get behind it. I understand that it was a choice that was supposed to be “artistic”, but it just doesn’t work for me, and took me out right away.
6. This month FitFluential is celebrating their second anniversary! One of the proudest days of my blogging life was the day I found out I had been accepted as a FitFluential Ambassador. Their newsletter, blog, twitter and facebook have tons of motivation, great tips, fun workouts and healthy recipes to share, and if you don’t follow them already, you should jump on that ship, my friends!
7. The other night, I fried up some center cut bacon for burgers, then I cooked some onions in the bacon fat. It was totally, completely the opposite of healthy, and was totally, completely delicious.
8. After Heather’s visit, I have about 5 zillion new recipe ideas swimming around my head. I can’t wait to tell you about them.