1. For the lucky few who haven’t been subjected to my countless reminders on facebook, twitter, and instagram, I’M RUNNING AGAIN!!!!! I have no doubt that this is equally as exciting for you as it is for me, and that you’ve been on the edge of your seat for the last 3 and a half months wondering “When oh when will poor Ari get to run again? This is miserable!” No? You weren’t thinking that? Shhh, don’t ruin my narcissistic sense that everyone in the world spends all of their time thinking about me.
2. Wednesday I drove up to Flagstaff to meet my new niece. I got to see my friend Lisa transform into the most intuitive mother you could ever imagine. I just kept wondering “How does she just KNOW what to do?” It had been only 11 days, yet she seemed so natural, as if this is what she was born to do. I’m not usually into babies, but the whole experience was actually super emotional for me–in the best way possible. One of my best friends, the man that brings out the best in her (Ummm Sam, you probably won’t read this, but I think you’re AWESOME!), and their perfect daughter. I may have cried a little.
3. This weekend Nicole and I are shooting FOUR episodes of Drink & Dish in one day. I’m pretty sure I will be drunk by the last one. And, like, realllllly full. Who wants to come eat all my leftovers? There is a pretty sweet red, white and blue dish coming. Just saying. I made it twice, and I’m still excited to make and eat it again.
4. My college bestie and cookingspiration Heather arrives on Tuesday!!! I seriously can’t even stand how excited I am. It’s better than Christmas!!! We are going to cook so many things. And I may or may not have already planned our workouts for the entire week. Sorry Heath, hope you came to Phoenix with intent to do a lot of sweating because that’s my version of “entertaining”.
5. You know what I did not miss about running? The fact that my laundry basically triples. So many ruffly skirts and sports bras to wash all.the.time. Ugh. I hate laundry. And chores of any kind. I’m kind of envious of those super rich people who just have these kinds of things “taken care of” for them. Who wants to come be my live-in housekeeper? I pay in cookies.
6. Okay, so you’re probably going to judge me, but one of my favorite things to do when I go to the movies is sneak in Chipotle. You see, what I really want is a huge bag of buttery popcorn, but then half way through the movie I will feel sick and gross, so I opt for smuggling in one of my favorite dinners. I bring a huge purse, and sneak it in like a little kid. It tastes so much better when it’s smuggled into a good movie. This week that was Ironman 3 which I loved. I’m not always into the comic book movies, but I did enjoy this series, and the last one was my favorite.
7. Speaking of movies, WHEN CAN I SEE THE GREAT GATSBY ALREADY?!??! I feel like it looks so good, but I am also worried about being seriously disappointed like the time I thought the new Fame was actually going to be good. That was a big mistake.
8. It’s almost time for restaurant week in Phoenix, which is one of my favorite times of year. I have plans with a few of my favorite ladies to check out Cowboy Ciao, but I’m hoping to hit up a couple others as well. Pig & Pickle looks realllll good.
9. It’s almost summer!!! I am not excited for the heat, but I am excited for feeling like I’m on summer vacation. Things have mellowed out with end of the year things and I’ll have a solid week off between doing a camp here in Phoenix and heading up to Portland. I can’t wait to spend my summer doing my very favorite job with some of my very favorite people again. Also, running in the northwest rather than Phoenix where it’s 100* at 6am? Yes, please.