It’s so close, I can taste it! Literally 😉 Was everyone else as busy as I was today? Steve and I woke up at 5am–gross. He wanted to get into work early so he could leave early and I had cooking on the brain and couldn’t fall back asleep once his alarm went off. Before I really got started on everything, I had a physical therapy appt that luckily did not involve any scraping action today. I did watch some other people get it though and apparently I really am a wimp because no one else was screaming in pain. But maybe I’m not a wimp, because look at my polka dotted leg!
After PT, I went to town on my food to do list.
1) Slice sweet potatoes for Baked Sweet Potato Chips ✓
Steve came home just in time to take some beautiful food photos and make fun of me…a lot.
2) Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars ✓
4) White Chocolate and Vanilla Bean Ice Creams ✓
5) Yogurt Dipping Sauce for #1
Not to mention putting up some decorations 😉
Soooo much to do! Luckily my family knows I don’t like to work alone, so they dropped by to keep my company 🙂
After cooking essentially all day long, I was off to work. One of those days where it’s a good thing that most of the time I really love what I do, otherwise it would have sucked. I ended up having a great time with my kids though and didn’t mind being there. I especially loved hearing the kiddos tell me what they were thankful for, and when some of them said the theatre, my heart melted. I am so proud to be a part of something that changes these kids’ lives! Anyway, while I went to work, Steve got to work on brining!
Let me tell you, I love to cook, but I am SO glad to have Steve to take care of the turkey! That would stress me out like nobody’s business. Meat has always intimidated me. And this means all I have to do tomorrow is the mini corndogs, bake the sweet potato chips, and make the stuffing balls. I have big plans for early in the am, then I plan on coming home, popping open some champagne and enjoying the day with some of my favorite people 😉
This Thanksgiving there are a few things that I am especially thankful for
- I am in a healthier place with food than I have ever been in my entire life. It feels amazing.
- I am proving to myself things that I always imagined were impossible. My body is capable of amazing things. I am so lucky to have a body that can do what I ask of it.
- My dad has found the most amazing woman to spend his life with that brings joy to his life and our whole family. Janie has also encouraged all of us to make my grandma a bigger part of our lives and I am so grateful for that because I spent a lot of time taking her for granted.
- And of course every day I am thankful for Steve, Winston, Clementine, my family and my incredible friends, as well as my amazing students that inspire me every single day.
I have so much love for this holiday. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!