Rich, creamy and boozy red velvet hot chocolate made with cream cheese and almond milk for an ultra creamy texture combined with white and dark chocolate chips and cake flavored vodka.
You guys, you guys, you guys, youuuu guuuuyyyysss! I am so excited I’m about to burst! Today we’re throwing a virtual baby shower for my BBFF (best blog friend forever…yup, we’re nerdy) Nicole from The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie. I cannot believe that within the next month Nicole will have a tiny human, and I will have to stop referring to him/her as White Baby. I’m a little sad about that.
Surrrrprise Nicole! It’s your party! Whenever I think of Nicole’s blog and her favorite foods, I think about pizza, brownies and drinks. So today all of the recipes will be just that–pizza, brownies and booze! I had grand plans for this super amazing infusion I wanted to create, but I couldn’t find all the ingredients I needed, so I went with plan B, and I can’t say I’m disappointed. 😉
This hot chocolate is totally over the top rich and creamy thanks to the cream cheese. I used a combination of white and dark chocolate chips to get the traditional vanilla and chocolate flavor of red velvet. If you have any buttermilk on hand, you can also add a tablespoon or two, but I didn’t and I didn’t want to get a whole container just for a few tablespoons, ya know?
So make sure as you sip on your boozy red velvet hot chocolate, that you head over and give Nicole some love and congratulations for growing a whole human! Also, I put together a little list of my 5 favorite recipes that I’ve tasted from her. It was so freaking hard because I seriously love everything she makes, but I’d start with her Bacon Infused Bourbon, DIY Pumpkin Pie Vodka, Mexican Chocolate Chunk Cookies, Ultimate Candy Bar Brownies, and Red Velvet Ice Cream.
- 3 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup white chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon red food coloring
- 3-4 shots cake flavored vodka (depending how strong you want it)
- whipped cream for topping
- Heat almond milk, cream cheese, and white and dark chocolate chips in a medium sauce pan over medium heat whisking constantly until all ingredients are melted and mostly combined. The cream cheese may separate a little bit--the next step will fix this.
- Transfer liquid to a blender and blend until frothy and combined. Pour back into sauce pan and over low heat, whisk in vanilla, food coloring and vodka. Serve immediately topped with whipped cream.
**A cake vodka whipped cream or a cream cheese whipped cream take this to the next level!
Make sure to check out the rest of the links from this virtual shower!
Boozy Red Velvet Hot Chocolate from Ari’s Menu
Boozy Iced Coffee from The Wanderlust Kitchen
Coconut Oil Brownies from Handle the Heat
Raspberry Lemonade Champagne Punch from Eat. Drink. Love.
Chocolate Cherry Brownies from Savvy Eats
Four Cheese Pizza with Sausage and Peppers from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
Crab Rangoon Pizza from Mollie’s Sprinkles of Life
Grapefruit Chia Seed Cocktail from Peace Love and Oats
White Pizza with Bacon, Basil & Tomatoes from Eating Bender