Okay, I almost never do this, but sometimes it is just nice to bake something that take like 3 steps. Sometimes you can take a normal boxed baking good and make it your own and enjoy not having to spend hours preparing said delicious baked good. Every once in a while I do something like this
And of course, I don’t follow directions. I change it, and make it my own until it’s something more like this
Super Simple Pumpkin Brownies
yield 25 small brownies
- 1 box TJ’s Reduced Guilt Brownie Mix or No Pudge Brownie Mix (or honestly, if you follow these directions, I bet you could use any brownie mix and still have it be at least healthier)
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 25 grain sweetened white chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease 8″ square baking pan.
2. Mix all ingredients except chips. It will take a few minutes and batter will be very thick.
3. Transfer to baking dish. If desired, top with chips.
4. Bake for approx 30 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Cut, plate and top with red fat pumpkin ice cream and sprinkles!