My girl Nicole knows her brownies, and when she posted her recipe for her favorite S’mores Brownies, I
almost ended my friendship with her because she didn’t share any with me knew I had to make my own version!
Okay, so don’t go look at her blog, because hers are sooooo much prettier. We all know that presentation is not my forte, but they were delicious, so you know…
Honestly, with gooey, browned marshmallows, chocolate and graham cracker, how could that be bad???
These had everything I love about s’mores combined with everything I love about brownies. I had to send them all home with Jason, so I wouldn’t devour them in one sitting!
No, I don’t think it’s weird to add more chocolate to a brownie. I think you’re weird if you don’t always enjoy the idea of more chocolate.
- Nonfat vanilla yogurt for butter (-fat, -saturated fat, -calories, -cholesterol)
- Turbinado/Splenda combo for sugar (-sugar, -calories)
- Egg substitute for whole eggs (-fat, -calories, -cholesterol)
- White whole wheat flour for all purpose (+fiber, +protein)
- Whole wheat graham crackers for regular (+fiber, +protein)
- Natural dark chocolate for Hershey’s bars (-sugar)
Skinnified S’mores Brownies
yield 16 brownies
- 3/4 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/2 cup Splenda
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- dash salt
- 6 whole wheat graham cracker squares + crumbs for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup all natural dark chocolate chips
- 5 oz marshmallows (regular or mini)
- Preheat oven to 350 F°. Grease an 8 inch square pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together yogurt, vanilla, egg substitute, Splenda, and sugar until thoroughly combined. Mix in cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt until well blended.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Layer graham crackers side by side over the top of the brownie batter until completely covered. Next pour chocolate chocolate chips evenly over the graham crackers. Then lay the marshmallows out over the chocolate. Pour remaining batter evenly over the marshmallows, spreading with a spatula if necessary.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. Let cool completely before slicing and serving.