If you know me at all, you know how I feel about New Years resolutions. Every time I hear the words “After the first of the year…” it’s like nails on a chalkboard to me! I am a firm believer that if you want to change something, you don’t wait for the first of the year, or month, or Monday, or even the next day. If you really want to change something, don’t waste any time. Start now. This second. I would love to say that my New Years resolutions are to clean more, do my laundry, and stop procrastinating, but let’s get real and say if I reaaaalllllly care enough about those things (I want to care enough!!!), then I will fix them when I’m ready and a different ending on the date stamp doesn’t necessarily inspire me.
However, I am big on setting goals for myself. I read a lot of blogs where they set monthly goals. I love that and I want to steal it! I definitely have a few goals that I really want to accomplish in the next year. Some are running/fitness related:
- Cross the PF Chang’s finish line with a big ass grin on my face. Yes, Big.Ass.Grin.
- Run a 7:59 min mile.
- Try crossfit.
- Try hot yoga.
- Keep strength training consistent.
Some are food related:
- Drink 9-10 cups of water per day. (I either do really well or really awful on this one, not usually in between.)
- Try at least one new recipe per week.
- Only eat out 1-2x per week. (I get so stuck in the “Let’s go out!” mentality.)
Some are more life related things I have been trying to focus on in the last year that I don’t feel like I’ve fully accomplished yet:
- Give others the benefit of the doubt, and don’t take every action personally.
- Chill the F out! Umm, this has been a goal since JULY. Clearly, it’s a work in progress.
- Have patience. With others, with myself, with life.
- Focus on career goals and choose work accordingly.
- Continue working towards balance in all areas of life (I have come a long way, but I still have a long way to go).
- Sing and dance. Every day.
- Be me, no matter who else is around (again, still working on it).
- For the love of all things holy, TAKE A FREAKING HONEYMOON!!!!!
I hope this is just the beginning of things I work towards and accomplish in the next year, but I feel like it’s a good place to start, and I feel like the first set is 100% achievable, the secpnd set can and will happen most weeks of the year, and the third set is 100% work-towards-able–is that a word? Is now. I will not become the pillar of patience in 2012 just because it is a goal, I guarantee it, but I will become more patient.I can’t wait to spend the year checking back in with my goals and check things off the first list as they happen! 🙂
What do you want to achieve next year? Next month? Today?