It’s time for a fresh start, or something like that? Actually, I have to admit that no matter how much I tried to protest the whole resolution/goal/whatever-you-want-to-call-it thing, yesterday after my run, I couldn’t help it. I felt…inspired (so cheesy), so I sat down and wrote out some goals in my little note application. It kinda felt like cheating to do it on my iPhone, but whatever. At first I only wrote running/racing related goals (I only have 3…WHO AM I?), but then I figured I should probably write some for life/the blog, so I did it. I resolved. I goal set-ed. I whatever-ed.
Anyway, one thing I would like to do this year is write a little more about my life. I used to do that, and then stopped and pretty much only posted recipes. So maybe no one will read my life posts other than my mom (actually I’m pretty sure she stopped reading when I stopped posting endless pictures of the granddogs), but I don’t really mind. I entertain myself. So I figured I’d start 2014 by telling you 14 kind of embarrassing things I probably shouldn’t admit to the world, but I have absolutely no shame.
I fall off my bike all the time. Like, pretty much every time I ride my rode bike. And I still cry like a toddler almost every time it happens. My poor husband is always so sweet about it too, and he never makes me feel like a baby. If I were him, I would judge myself.
2. I will go to great lengths to avoid doing dishes. I’m talking I used too small of a bowl, and it’s completely overflowing, but I just keep trying to mix it so that I don’t have to get an other dish dirty. Obviously, this makes even more of a mess, but I keep pretending I am actually saving myself time in the long run. I never claimed to be smart.
3. I let me dogs lick my face. It’s gross. I don’t know why I do it, but I just love them and it doesn’t bother me. I would not however let a human lick my face. Freak, party of 1.
4. I don’t get even a little bit excited about babies. People show me babies, and I feel like I’m supposed to be happy about it, or worse, want to hold them. I have absolutely no interest. I love kids, and as soon as they’re 2-3 years old, I’d much prefer hanging out with them than grown-ups, but I’ve just never been a baby person. If I ever do have my own, I’d like to skip that whole part of it.
5. A few weeks ago, Steve was complaining about people who shuffle their feet (meaning my entire family), and I was teasing him that in 50 years he’d be doing the same thing, which he of course denied. I couldn’t leave it at that, so I had Siri go ahead and set up a reminder to tease him about shuffling his feat in 50 years. I wanted to show you a screen shot, but my power butter hasn’t worked for months, and of course I haven’t been to Apple to get it fixed because I hate errands.
6. The other day, I washed the same load of laundry a total of 4 times because I kept forgetting to put it in the dryer. Come over and use my towels. They seriously don’t get any cleaner than that.
7. I’m sure I’ve told you this before, but I seriously listen to the most depressing music. I was playing the ukulele with my friend Tara the other day (she bought one too, and now we totally jam like pros), and every song I suggested she would respond with “Ugghhh I HATE that song!” I don’t understand it. I feel like most people would agree that I have one of the world’s bubbliest personalities, but I just love the slow sad stuff. My whole adolescence went to the tune of Tori Amos…
Since receiving my ukulele, I have sent no less than 30 snap chats of me playing, and I guarantee you I don’t actually play well in a single one. In fact, my boss begged me to learn a new song after the 5th rendition of Leaving on a Jet Plane…
9. My Christmas lights/tree/decorations are all still up. I really suck at things like that…
10. I made it to level 380something of Candy Crush. I can’t even believe I wasted that much of my life on that dumb game. Today after spending 10 minutes going through all my lives on the same level I’ve been on for weeks, I finally had enough and deleted it off my phone. 2014: The year I actually get shit done because my life is no longer consumed by getting 2 multicolored candies and being able to use them together.
11. On New Year’s eve I passed out on my friend Jason’s couch at about 10:50 pm. I slept there in front of everyone until 11:59 when I grumbled “Happy New Year” and sleep walked to the car. I’m a party animal.
12. I started watching The Big Bang Theory this week. I’m already on season 2. I can’t believe it took me so long to start watching it. It is just so funny, and entirely too easy to waste a few hours binge watching.
I have approximately 5 zillion nicknames for Clementine. In fact, I think I only ever call her Clementine if she’s in trouble. Normally it’s “Lemon”, but it gets as weird as things like “Biscuit”. I don’t even know. People are weird at home. Or maybe I’m just weird at home…
14. I still don’t know how to change my tube on Mean Green. Well, on any bike for that matter. I rode 107 miles knowing that if I got a flat I’d have to beg some random cyclist to help me, or watch a YouTube video. I really need to learn, but have you ever tried learning a skill from your husband? Well, maybe your is better at teaching than mine, but I spend the entire time critiquing his teaching methods, and end up learning nothing. Clearly his fault, right?
YOUR TURN! What’s something you should be embarrassed to admit on the internet that you want to share with me and my approximately 6 readers? 😉