I am a bad blog friend. Nicole tagged me to do this thing like weeks ago. Diana tagged me again today and I realized I had this post in my draft and never came back to it. If you read other blogs and are not my mom and dad (Hi mom and dad! You’re awesome!), you’ve probably read like a thousand of these already. Basically, I tell you 11 things about myself, answer 11 of Nicole’s questions, and then you go and do the same thing on your blog. I tag all of you. It’s fun–like in jr high when you would get those mass emails about my favorite color and flavor of ice cream.
- My favorite foods are cilantro, nut butter, and fro yo. My favorite seasonings are cumin, garlic pepper, lemon pepper and Spike.
- I really really really like to be in charge. Let’s pretend to be surprised.
- If Steve didn’t keep me in check, I probably would have at least 10 dogs by now. And they would all sleep in the bed.
- I get super nervous around people I think are cool. Like my spin teacher. I always want to talk to her and then I chicken out, and the day she asked me about PF Chang’s I totally felt like I was talking to a celebrity!
- One of my favorite ways to wake Steve up in the morning is by jumping on him and yelling “Bodddyyyy…SLAM!!!!” It’s okay to ask why the hell he married me, but to be honest, I have no idea.
- When I was a kid, I was obsessed with the idea of being a famous actor and singer and I would “write” songs with my friends and make everyone in my family listen to them over and over and over. I was also pretty much tone deaf so that really sucked for them until I got into voice lessons.
- Before I changed my eating habits, I would eat fast food 1-2 times per day. I would also complain about how I was fat and how it was not my fault, I just had bad genetics.
- My favorite TV show of all time will always be Seinfeld. I have seen every episode at least 10 times and I never get tired of it. Back in the day, Jason and I used to sit at his apartment and watch episode after episode, and every time Mac and I visit each other, it is tradition that we watch it before bed.
- Sometimes I check out my own leg muscles in the mirror because I am so excited that I have them. If I were you, I would judge that, and that’s okay. Sometimes, I judge myself.
- I have an unnatural and very unfortunate hatred for the act of cleaning. A long time ago, I even created my own facebook group titled “I Hate Cleaning!!!!!” However, I also strongly prefer to live in a clean home and have my things organized. This is a problem. I really want to get better at staying clean and organized.
- I have the weirdest taste in music. My ipod is filled with super debbie downer emo music (lots of Tori Amos, the kind of music they play on Grey’s Anatomy, etc.), musical theatre, 80′s and 90′s music, and top 40. So in a matter of minutes you could hear Jar of Hearts, Defying Gravity, Dancing with Myself, MmmBop, and Super Bass.
1. What is your favorite vacation of all time?
I don’t think I could ever choose! My graduation trip with Steve is definitely high on the list, but I went on a ton of awesome ones with my family when I was younger, and I’ve taken lots of road trips with really great friends.
2. What is your favorite way to spend a Sunday?
Spin class, followed by coffee, a trip to the dog park, something fun in the afternoon, then cooking dinner with Steve. Am I lame?
3. What is the coolest thing you did in the month of January?
Ran my first half marathon!!!!! Who saw that one coming?
4. What is the first blog you ever read?
Carrots N Cake–totally inspired me to really start this one! Well, I mean, I also read all my friends’ live journals, does that count?
5. If you could pick a song to be your theme song (that played wherever you go) what would it be?
Gangsta’s Paradise. No question. In case you’ve never met me, I know all the lyrics and can do it without the cd. I will gladly demonstrate at any time. There is also a video of me from my wedding wearing a hat and rapping along to the entire song. With a microphone.
6. Crushed ice or cubed?
7. Which Disney Princess do you identify with the most (if any)?
I always loved Ariel because she has the prettiest hair and the best singing voice.
8. Do you prefer to plan things or be spontaneous?
I used to be a lot better about being spontaneous. I am more of a planner now, but my favorite is probably when things just work out perfectly with no plan.
9. What is your favorite flower?
Sunflowers!!! Always, always, always–no contest.
10. Do you ever listen to songs on repeat? If so, which was your most resent repeat song?
All the time. It was the entire latest Adele cd, until the radio took over and did that for me.
Your turn!!! Do it. It’s fun